· Bat Speed
- How fast can you swing a bat?
· Exit Velocity
- How fast does the ball come off your bat?
Both of these tests are strong indicators of power and
overall strength that college coaches look for.
· Pitch Velocities
- How hard can you throw a fastball?
- How hard do you throw your curveball, slider, change-up, etc.?
Pitch velocities are the first thing that college coaches and
recruiters look for when searching for possible recruits.
· POP times
- This is the amount of time it takes a ball to go from the pop of the catcher’s glove to the pop of the infielder’s glove at second base
· POP Velocity
- How hard can you throw the ball to second base?
· 60 Yard Dash
· Home to First Base
· First Base to Third Base
Simply stated, these are timed sprints to
measure quickness and athleticism.
- How hard does an infielder throw across the diamond?
- How hard does an outfielder throw from right field to third base and home plate?